Sep
27
2017
Share Button

A 62 year old woman died on June 21, 2017, after staying at the Guest House at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee from June 10-13, 2017 with three members of her family. Legionnaires’ disease was reportedly listed as her cause of death by the medical examiner on her autopsy. Her accompanying family members also fell ill and tested positive for Legionnaires’ disease.

The family filed a lawsuit, alleging that the Guest House at Graceland did not properly maintain its water systems, and thus caused the outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease. She and her family reportedly used the pool and hot tub at the hotel, and the aquatics center was reportedly closed after cases of Legionnaires’ disease began to be reported.

Legionnaires’ disease is a type of pneumonia caused by exposure to Legionella bacteria. When water contaminated with the bacteria becomes aerosolized and is inhaled in to the lungs, it can cause illness. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, lethargy, confusion, and coughing.

More information is available at the link below:

Autopsy shows woman died of Legionnaires’ after stay at Graceland hotel

If you believe you or someone you know has been diagnosed with this disease, Contact us to see what we can do to help.

Jules Zacher is an attorney in Philadelphia who has tried Legionnaires’ disease cases across the U.S.  Please visit LegionnaireLawyer.com again for updates.

Posted by jzacher">jzacher at 10:43 am

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>