Jul
20
2015
Share Button

hospital beds

Two people in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand have contracted Legionnaires’ disease due to contaminated hot water tanks.

According to an article from Radio Live New Zealand, both people have been hospitalized for their illnesses and one patient will need to have her feet amputated.

Following an investigation, it was discovered that the two patients both turned down the hot water in their homes which caused Legionella bacteria to propagate.  Hawke’s bay District Health Board is now warning people against turning down their hot water cylinders to save money and are advising that people make sure their hot water cylinders are set to 60 degrees Celsius.

To read more about this story, please click here.

 

Posted by jzacher">jzacher at 10:06 am

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>