During a town hall meeting at Maestros Caterers in Morris Park, the NYC Department of Health discussed the locations that tested positive for Legionella bacteria.
The cooling towers that were found to have the bacteria include:
- Chase Bank – 2725 E. Tremont Ave.
- Calvary Hospital – 1740 Eastchester Rd.
- Lehman High School – 2964 E. Tremont Ave.
- Bronx State Psychiatric – 1500 Waters Place
- 6 cooling towers at Einstein College of Medicine – 1199 Sackett Ave., 1845 Eastchester Rd., 1301 Morris Park Ave., 1250Morris Park Ave., 1865 Eastchester Rd., and 1925-1935 Eastchester Rd.
There are 12 confirmed cases of Legionnaires’ disease associated with this outbreak. One of these patients died of the illness.
To read more about this story, please click here.