Sep
24
2013
Share Button

basildon-hospital-001

The Chelmsford Coroner Court jury reached a verdict saying that 80-year-old Violet Shirmer’s death from Legionnaires’ disease at Basildon was accidental.  She became infected while being treated at the hospital for a stomach ulcer.  Stagnant water due to an unintentionally closed valve allowed bacteria to grow in pipes that were meant for used hot water to flow away from the hospital ward.

For more information about this story, please visit http://www.legionlawjournal.com/2013/09/24/basildon-university-hospital-death-deemed-accidental-by-jury/

Posted by jzacher">jzacher at 4:14 pm

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>